Fleet Maintenance Technicians are responsible for maintaining and repairing transportation delivery equipment used for the delivery and unloading of merchandise at Chick-fil-A restaurants. The Fleet Maintenance Technician—Class A is responsible for servicing a broad array of equipment, including heavy duty tractors, refrigeration units, insulated trailers and hydraulic liftgates in a safe, orderly and timely fashion to maximize equipment availability for delivery. Class A Maintenance technicians are also responsible for completing maintenance and repairs to transportation equipment air conditioning and refrigeration units.
Other duties as assigned
· EPA 608 & EPA 609 Certification
· Demonstrated proficiency in the diagnostics and repair of brake systems both air and hydraulic
· Demonstrated proficiency in the diagnostics and repair of diesel engines
· Demonstrated proficiency in the diagnostics and repair of refrigeration unit systems and subsystems
· Demonstrated proficiency in the diagnostics and repair of hydraulic liftgates
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical problems.
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to oversee and inspect the work of colleagues – including the ability to communicate required corrections
· Valid driver’s license to operate applicable company vehicles
· Must be able to walk extensively
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time usually for 8-10 hours
· Must be able to lift 30-60 lbs. repetitively and heavier items weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally and frequently push or pull three-hundred (300) pounds.
· Must be capable of following instructions and be a self-starter.
· Must be capable of working independently with a minimum amount of supervision.
· Must be capable of working in a mobile fashion to support transportation operations
· Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and shifts
· Must be willing to acquire / provide own tools
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with welding