The Assistant General Manager (AGM) will serve as a leader of supply chain operations at the new Chick-fil-A Supply Market Distribution Center (MDC) in St Louis, Missouri. This individual, in collaboration with other leaders, will be responsible for executing safe and effective operations that meet the needs of the organization and its employees. This person will lead the workforce in distributing millions of cases of inventory annually to Chick-fil-A Operators throughout the Midwest. The AGM will help drive the operations of the market distribution center and will enable supply chain innovation unique to the food service industry. Most importantly, this person will lead in a way that supports Chick-fil-A’s vision and strategy while embodying the corporate purpose.
This position requires a leader who can call upon a diverse range of skills and experiences to support overall operations. The role is highly interdependent with the other divisions of the distribution center and Chick-fil-A Supply Services, requiring the AGM to foster relationships with a wide range of people to execute their responsibilities. The AGM will work closely with Chick-fil-A Supply’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) as well as DC and MDC leaders across the network to continually improve the operation’s performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through effective supply chain management methods and strategies. This calls for a dynamic leader who has a heart for service and compassion coupled with a mind for effectively supporting the management of the business. Furthermore, this role will be uniquely challenged with their participation in the stand up of a brand-new MDC and the testing and refinement of a new facility implementation playbook to assist in the stand up of future facilities.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
Chick-fil-A Supply®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., is an innovative distribution service provider focused on understanding and meeting the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants. Chick-fil-A Supply® ensures restaurants have the food and products they need through a seamless delivery experience that extends Chick-fil-A's culture of care. For more information, visit cfa-supply.com.
Our Flexible Future model offers a healthy mix of working in person and remotely, strengthening key elements of the Chick-fil-A culture by fostering collaboration and community.
· Lead a food service distribution center operation with a safety mindset
· Act as a liaison, balancing the needs of the Operator with the capabilities of the operation
· Lead and engage a workforce of ~60 people with specific ownership of and focus on various functions within the building
· Design, implement, manage, and improve market distribution center operations
· Deliver high service levels to Operators and achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Participate in the oversight of the P&L of the market distribution center operation
· Drive innovation in all areas of the market distribution center operations
· Support the Chick-fil-A vision and strategy by building a culture that aligns with the Chick-fil-A Supply values of care, safety and excellence
· Complete other activities as deemed valuable by leadership
· Work closely with CFA Supply Senior Leadership Team, CFA Inc. Supply Chain, Operators, and various business partners to ensure optimal alignment and collaboration
· Demonstrate the ability to value both relationships and results and to put others above themselves
· Recruit, train, and develop a strong team
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access; experience with ERP, WMS, and TMS solutions