As the Safety, Quality & Compliance (“SQC”) Sr Specialist of the Chick-fil-A Supply Market Distribution Center (MDC) in St Louis, you will support the application of regulatory compliance in multiple areas, including food safety quality assurance (“FSQA”) and environmental, health and safety (“EHS”). In addition, you will support the execution of risk management, contingency planning, safety and training for the warehouse and fleet teams dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service for Chick-fil-A® restaurant Operators. As the onsite SQC presence for the MDC in Nashville, you will be responsible for supporting safe operations by ensuring adherence to the highest safety, quality and compliance standards. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help drive continued innovation at an operation like no other in the food service industry.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
Chick-fil-A Supply®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., is an innovative distribution service provider focused on understanding and meeting the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants. Chick-fil-A Supply® ensures restaurants have the food and products they need through a seamless delivery experience that extends Chick-fil-A's culture of care. For more information, visit cfa-supply.com.
As the SQC Sr Specialist, you will be responsible for motivating warehouse and fleet team members, evaluating and mitigating risks, executing contingency plans, training on food safety requirements and other regulatory compliance, and much more to ensure Chick-fil-A Supply complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Regulatory compliance includes but is not limited to: FDA, USDA, DOT, OSHA and EPA. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: HACCP, material handling equipment (MHE) certifications, stock recovery and sustainability.
In addition, a successful Safety, Quality and Compliance Sr Specialist will:
· Evaluate and mitigate FSQA, EHS, and security hazards/vulnerabilities
· Lead execution of contingency plans dealing with recalls and withdrawals, disasters, etc.
· Train and support team leaders and provide guidance on FSQA, EHS, and security operational policies/practices
· Perform site level FSQA, EHS, and security monitoring inclusive of KPI management reporting
· Lead risk-based incident investigations (i.e., workplace safety, food safety, etc.)
· Complete required regulatory and security forms and reporting (e.g., OSHA 300)
· Monitor safety of warehouse and fleet activities and provide advice to leadership on actions and behaviors that support safety as a core value
· Instill a culture of safety, engagement and positivity that reflects Chick-fil-A values and serves Restaurant Operators
· Drive innovation in the warehouse and transportation operations
· Recognize contractor and employee concerns
· Support employee engagement across all departments of the MDC
· Collaborate with operations leadership regarding staff performance, identify and drive areas of improvement, and recognize team members’ outstanding performance
· Support the Chick-fil-A Supply vision and strategy
· Complete other activities as deemed valuable by management
To be successful in this role, you must:
Have at least three years in food distribution operation
Ideally, you will have:
A demonstrated ability to perform and adapt in a changing environment