The Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Leader, will lead safety, regulatory compliance, food safety and quality, risk management, contingency planning/execution and training at the new Chick-fil-A Supply Distribution Center (DC) in Hutchins, Texas. This individual will help lead a workforce of ~300 people distributing millions of cases of inventory annually to Chick-fil-A Operators throughout the southwest. In addition, the SQC Leader will support and enforce safety, quality, and compliance standards, processes, and trainings that meet the needs of the organization. This person will help drive continued innovation at an operation like no other in the food service industry and be uniquely challenged with their participation in the stand up of a brand-new DC, the first CFA Supply facility to include cold storage operations and Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) technology, and the testing and refinement of a new facility implementation playbook to assist in the stand up of future facilities. Most importantly, the SQC Leader will lead in a way that supports Chick-fil-A’s vision and strategy while embodying the corporate purpose.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
Chick-fil-A Supply®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., is an innovative distribution service provider focused on understanding and meeting the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants. Chick-fil-A Supply® ensures restaurants have the food and products they need through a seamless delivery experience that extends Chick-fil-A's culture of care. For more information, visit cfa-supply.com.
· Lead all safety, quality and compliance activities at a large-scale food service distribution center operation and in-house fleet
· Implement, manage, and improve distribution center and fleet EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety), FSQA (Food Safety Quality Assurance), and security operations
· Evaluate and mitigate risks at the DC, establish contingency plans where necessary
· Serve as the DC expert in HACCP, material handling equipment (MHE) certifications, stock recovery and sustainability
· Ensure Chick-fil-A Supply operations and policies comply with all governmental regulations, including but not limited to compliance with OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, DOT, and FMCSA regulations
· Lead DC contingency planning for recalls, withdrawals, disasters, etc.
· Deliver high quality, up to date EHS, FSQA and Security training to team members, drivers, navigators, and leaders
· Perform site and fleet level EHS, FSQA and security monitoring inclusive of KPI management reporting (e.g., OSHA 300)
· Lead EHS, FSQA and security risk-based incident investigations at the DC
· Perform DC site level and Driver/Navigator on-the-road behavioral observations
· Serve as the DC and Fleet point-of-contact for FSQA and EHS regulatory and voluntary inspections, contractor and employee concerns
· Oversee all quality checks on received product and liaison with CFA, Inc. for recalls and withdrawals
· Support innovation in the distribution center operation
· Support the Chick-fil-A vision and strategy by building a culture that aligns with the Chick-fil-A Supply values of care, safety and excellence
· Complete other activities as deemed valuable by leadership
· Work closely with CFA Supply Senior Leadership Team, CFA Inc. Supply Chain, Operators, and various business partners to ensure optimal alignment and collaboration
· Demonstrate the ability to value both relationships and results and to put others above themselves
· Recruit, train, and develop a strong team