Chick-fil-A Supply is hiring an Inbound Transportation Planner to support our growing network. This person will have a leading role in executing the day-to-day inbound operations of Chick-fil-A’s North America delivery network. This role will manage scheduling of carrier appointments, track supplier quality & carrier on-time performance, and work with various stakeholders to ensure timely arrival and accuracy of ordered product coming into our Distribution Centers. This role will also partner with Chick-fil-A Supply’s Demand Planning team to support the DC inbound operations from a transportation perspective.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply™ is a 24/6 distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Due to steady, year-over-year sales and volume growth, combined with the complexity in our Restaurants, Chick-fil-A Supply supports current and future Restaurant needs through distribution innovation that extends the Chick-fil-A culture of care to those it serves, as well as those it employs.
This subsidiary is in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation.
· Communicating with carrier partners to confirm inbound delivery appointments at the DC on a day-to-day basis
· Ensuring DC inbound operations has a clear and balanced expected inbound volume planned throughout the week
· Identify trends related to carrier on-time performance, detention, reschedules etc. to highlight to broader inbound transportation stakeholders
· Identify trends related to supplier quality affecting DC inbound operations ability to receive and escalate accordingly
· Ensure data accuracy of Purchase Orders and Bills-of-Lading are maintained throughout DC management systems (Oracle, WMS, TMS)
· Work closely with the Inbound Operations Project Lead by contributing and assisting in operational projects, providing support with strategy and analysis
· Provides onboarding and training support as new DC’s are brought online
· Go beyond established analytical thinking and problem-solving by applying creativity to unconventional concepts and out-of-the-box solutions
· Demonstrate empathy and care for our Operator’s experience
Must be available to work on weekends
· A proven ability to creatively solve problems while committing to the highest standards of quality and the ability to quickly learn are of most importance
· A self-starter with excellent project management and organization skills and works well with limited supervision
· Detail oriented, focused on small detail and consistently looking for ways to improve efficiency
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications Excel and PowerPoint