As the transportation manager, you will lead the execution of safe, effective and efficient outbound transportation for the Chick-fil-A Supply Distribution Center in Cartersville, Georgia. To succeed, you will seamlessly integrate order delivery between the Cartersville DC and Chick-fil-A® restaurants. You will have the opportunity to refine and improve outbound transportation procedures, and you will also help drive continued innovation at an operation like no other in the food service industry.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply™ is a distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Due to steady, year-over-year sales and volume growth, combined with the complexity in our Restaurants, Chick-fil-A Supply supports current and future Restaurant needs through distribution innovation that extends the Chick-fil-A culture of care to those it serves, as well as those it employs.
This subsidiary is in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation.
As the transportation manager, you will lead a team of supervisors, drivers, and navigators to ensure the on-time, safe and affordable delivery of product to Restaurants. In addition to leading the training and development of supervisors, drivers, and navigators, you will instill a culture of safety, engagement and positivity that reflects Chick-fil-A Supply values and serves Restaurant Operators.
Your other duties will include:
• Improving upon and executing outbound transportation procedures and service standards
• Assessing the cost and performance of current and alternative outbound transportation procedures and service standards
• Leading resource planning for outbound transportation staff and communicating to staffing lead
• Leading daily scheduling for outbound transportation and coordinating backhaul
• Working with the safety leader to ensure compliance of outbound transportation with federal, state and local government regulations (e.g., driver logs, DOT regulations, etc.)
• Supporting regulatory and internal audits of operations
• Evaluating operational results and communicating those results to DC leadership
• Coordinating with service providers
• Defining and communicating outbound transportation equipment needs (e.g., tractors and trailers)
• Defining key performance indicators (KPIs) for outbound transportation and delivery service
• Balancing the needs of the Operator with the capabilities of the operation
• Managing the budget of outbound transportation at the DC
• Supporting Chick-fil-A vision and strategy
• Driving innovation in the distribution center operation
• Completing other activities as deemed valuable by management
• Utilizing and managing TMS, Telematics & proprietary Delivery Applications
To be successful in this role, you must:
• Have 7+ years’ experience with outbound distribution operations, transportation, food distribution, and/or private fleet responsibility
• Demonstrate functional knowledge and expertise in food service distribution:
• Outbound transportation procedures and regulations
• Transportation equipment
• Performance metrics
• Supplier management
• Possess working knowledge of innovations in supply chain and outbound transportation and equipment
• Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with all food safety and general safety standards and quality specifications
• Be prepared to work a swing shift and be present to your lead your team at night at least 50% of the time
As the transportation manager, you above all work to ensure optimal collaboration between Chick-fil-A Supply, the Chick-fil-A Support Center, Restaurant Operators and business partners. You intimately know the needs of customers and are able to treat all parties with honor, dignity and respect in difficult situations and maintain a positive, service-focused mindset.