As the Safety, Quality & Compliance (“SQC”) Sr. Specialist, you will lead the application of regulatory compliance in multiple areas, including food safety quality assurance (“FSQA”) and environmental, health and safety (“EHS”). In addition, you will lead the execution of risk management, contingency planning, safety and training at the Chick-fil-A Supply Distribution Center in Bedford Heights, OH. You will also help lead the warehouse and fleet team dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service for Chick-fil-A® restaurant Operators while ensuring adherence to the highest safety, quality and compliance standards. In this role, you will support the seamless integration of warehouse and transportation operations. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help drive continued innovation at an operation like no other in the food service industry.
Chick-fil-A Supply®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., is an innovative distribution service provider focused on understanding and meeting the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants. Chick-fil-A Supply® ensures restaurants have the food and products they need through a seamless delivery experience that extends Chick-fil-A's culture of care. For more information, visit cfa-supply.com.
As the SQC Sr. Specialist, you will be responsible for motivating warehouse and fleet team members, evaluating and mitigating risks, executing contingency plans, training on food safety requirements and other regulatory compliance, and much more to ensure Chick-fil-A Supply complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Regulatory compliance includes but is not limited to: FDA, USDA, DOT, OSHA and EPA. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: HACCP, material handling equipment (MHE) certifications, stock recovery and sustainability.
In addition, a successful Safety, Quality and Compliance Sr. Specialist will:
· Evaluate and mitigate FSQA, EHS, and security hazards/vulnerabilities
· Support execution of contingency plans dealing with recalls and withdrawals, disasters, etc.
· Train and support team leaders and provide guidance on FSQA, EHS, and security operational policies/practices
· Perform site level FSQA, EHS, and security monitoring inclusive of KPI management reporting
· Lead risk-based incident investigations (i.e., workplace safety, food safety, etc.)
· Complete required regulatory and security forms and reporting (e.g., OSHA 300)
· Monitor safety of warehouse and fleet activities and provide advice to leadership on actions and behaviors that support safety as a core value
· Instill a culture of safety, engagement and positivity that reflects Chick-fil-A values and serves Restaurant Operators.
· Drive innovation in the distribution center and fleet operation
· Recognize contractor and employee concerns
· Support employee engagement across all departments of the DC
· Collaborate with the distribution center and transportation leadership regarding staff performance; identify and drive areas of improvement; and recognize team members’ outstanding performance
· Support Chick-fil-A vision and strategy
· Support organizational growth and future distribution center openers by participating in interview events, training/onboarding and providing temporary SQC support, if needed.
· Complete other activities as deemed valuable by the organization
To be successful in this role, you must:
· Have at least 3 years of experience in warehouse / distribution environment
· Demonstrate functional knowledge and expertise in distribution:
· Standards, processes, systems, and contingencies related to food safety, general safety, quality specifications, and all relevant laws and regulations
· Compliance and risk performance metrics, measurement, and enforcement
· Employee training programs
· Working knowledge of innovations in supply chain, risk management, contingency planning, and contingency execution
· Effective computer and presentation skills for leading trainings
· Understand safety principles and concepts and loss prevention and reduction
· Have experience in accident investigation, as well as knowledge of auditing and monitoring procedures
· Be comfortable presenting to and collaborating with all levels of the organization
· Have at least three years in food distribution operation
Ideally, you will have:
· A keen understanding of warehouse design, layout and flow
· Have undergone 24 hours of formal safety training each year for the past five years.
· At least 10 years in warehouse operations supporting food distribution
· Extensive knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, EPA and OSHA regulations
· Proficiency in MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Experience in safety operations within food service distribution
· Certifications: HACCP, PCQI, CSP
· A demonstrated ability to perform and adapt in a changing environment