The Transportation Operations Manager will lead the execution of safe, effective, and efficient outbound transportation at the Chick-fil-A Supply Distribution Center (MDC) in Mebane, NC. The Transportation Operations Manager will have the opportunity to guide nightly operations, refine and improve outbound transportation procedures, and lead supervisors and drivers. Most importantly, this person will lead in a way that supports Chick-fil-A’s vision and strategy while embodying the corporate purpose.
This position requires a leader who can call upon a diverse range of skills and experiences to support transportation operations. The role is highly interdependent with the other divisions of the distribution center and Chick-fil-A Supply Services, requiring the Transportation Operations Manager to foster relationships with a wide range of people to execute their responsibilities. This calls for a dynamic leader who has a heart for service and compassion coupled with a mind for effectively supporting the management of the business. Furthermore, this role will be uniquely challenged with their participation in the stand up of a brand-new DC and the testing and refinement of a new facility implementation playbook to assist in the stand up of future facilities.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply™ is a distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Due to steady, year-over-year sales and volume growth, combined with the complexity in our Restaurants, Chick-fil-A Supply supports current and future Restaurant needs through distribution innovation that extends the Chick-fil-A culture of care to those it serves, as well as those it employs.
This subsidiary is in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation.
As the Transportation Operations Manager, you will lead a team of supervisors, drivers, and navigators to ensure the on-time, safe and affordable delivery of product to Restaurants. In addition to leading the training and development of supervisors, drivers, and navigators, you will instill a culture of safety, engagement and positivity that reflects Chick-fil-A Supply values and serves Restaurant Operators.
Your other duties will include:
• Creating an environment full of care, safety, and excellence, an environment where overnight delivery drivers do their best work
• Designing effective communication strategies to reach drivers daily
• Leading daily scheduling for outbound transportation operations
• Working with the safety leader to ensure compliance of outbound transportation with federal, state, and local government regulations (e.g., driver logs, DOT regulations, etc.)
• Coordinating and communicating outbound transportation equipment needs to local vehicle maintenance teams
• Delivering industry-leading on-time delivery and customer satisfaction rates
• Balancing the needs of the Operator with the capabilities of the operation
• Supporting Chick-fil-A vision and strategy
• Utilizing and managing TMS, Telematics & proprietary Delivery Applications
Completing other activities as deemed valuable by management