Chick-fil-A Supply EMPLOYEES ONLY
Please note - This posting is for existing, Chick-fil-A Supply Employees ONLY.
Must live or be willing to relocate to the Atlanta, GA area.
Guidelines to Apply as an Internal Candidate
As a reminder, before applying:
You must have been a Chick-fil-A Supply, Transportation or Warehouse Team Member, for at least 6 months.
You must have had a conversation with your people leader to confirm eligibility.
You must not have had any written warnings in the last 6 months.
You must not have had any final warnings in the last 12 months.
You must be meeting performance expectations for your role, including accuracy, productivity, care, and safety.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply™ is a distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Due to steady, year-over-year sales and volume growth, combined with the complexity in our Restaurants, Chick-fil-A Supply supports current and future Restaurant needs through distribution innovation that extends the Chick-fil-A culture of care to those it serves, as well as those it employs.
This subsidiary is in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation.
Location: Remote/Support Center
Chick-fil-A Supply is hiring an Inbound Transportation Planner to support our growing network. This
person will have a leading role in executing the day-to-day inbound operations of Chick-fil-A’s
North America delivery network. This role will manage the scheduling of carrier appointments, track
supplier quality & carrier on-time performance, and work with various stakeholders to ensure the
timely arrival and accuracy of ordered products coming into our Distribution Centers. This role will
also partner with Chick-fil-A Supply’s Demand Planning team to support the DC inbound operations
from a transportation perspective.
Communicating with carrier partners to confirm inbound delivery appointments at the DC on
a day-to-day basis
• Ensuring DC inbound operations has a clear and balanced expected inbound volume planned
throughout the week
• Identify trends related to carrier on-time performance, detention, reschedules etc. to
highlight to broader inbound transportation stakeholders
• Identify trends related to supplier quality affecting DC inbound operations ability to receive
and escalate accordingly
• Ensure data accuracy of Purchase Orders and Bills-of-Lading are maintained throughout DC
management systems (Oracle, WMS, TMS)
• Work closely with the Inbound Operations Project Lead by contributing and assisting in
operational projects, providing support with strategy and analysis
• Provides onboarding and training support as new DC’s are brought online
• Go beyond established analytical thinking and problem-solving by applying creativity to
unconventional concepts and out-of-the-box solutions
• Demonstrate empathy and care for our Operator’s experience
• Must be available to work on weekends
A proven ability to creatively solve problems while committing to the highest standards of
quality and the ability to quickly learn are of most importance
• Strong communication skills, including speaking and interpersonal communication
• Customer-focused relationship builder who can earn the trust and respect of internal and
external customers and leverage their information to find ways to improve processes
• A self-starter with excellent project management and organization skills and works well with
• Detail oriented, focused on small detail and consistently looking for ways to improve
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications Excel and PowerPoint
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Travel Requirements 10%
Required Level of Education High school or equivalent (e.g., GED)